This in-depth course introduces you to the fascinating world of tanker chartering providing a step-by-step guide to the current practices of the tanker chartering market.
Course content (16 Lessons)
- The History of Oil and the Tanker Industry — Background to the industry and its development.
- The Ship — Construction and design of different types of tanker, including the latest environmental developments.
- The Cargo — A detailed look at liquid cargoes, their problems and characteristics — Ports and refineries.
- The Principals — Shipowners — Charterers — Shippers — Receivers.
- The Market and Brokers — How the tanker markets function.
- The Voyage Charter Party — A detailed look at frequently used voyage Charter Parties.
- The Timecharter Party — Analysis of common forms.
- The Vessel's Earnings — Freight and Hire calculations — Worldscale — Performance Claims.
- Voyage Estimating — Calculating the voyage earnings and Timecharter equivalents.
- The Negotiations — A step by step analysis of how chartering contracts are concluded.
- The Documents — A detailed analysis of Bills of Lading — Problems arising from the use of shipping documents.
- Laytime — Calculation of Laytime and Demurrage — Practical Examples.
- The Voyage — A typical voyage with many of the problems that may occur.
- The Law — A review of recent cases of interest to those involved in the tanker chartering market.
- The Problems — Pollution and other problems not covered elsewhere.
Register your details here to receive further information about the course.